Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JPEG saved in Photoshop viewed on iPhone

Hello,

I am creating an image in Photoshop and am saving it as a JPEG. For the most part, the image will be emailed but when I open it on my iPhone, the picture is too large for the screen and appears to be zoomed in, not allowing me to see the whole image. I don't know if the dimensions used in Photoshop are too large for an iPhone.

It is a little difficult to explain, but if there are any solutions to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:11 PM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:27 PM in response to mladha

You could try going into Photoshop > Image > Resize > Image Size > and changing the dimensions / document size in that window. However I don't think this will have an effect for viewing on an iPhone (it will on a PC or a Mac) as regardless of the size or resolution, the iPhone is supposed to fill the screen in at least one direction. I took an original picture 2,379 x 1,784 and edited it in Photoshop to 400 x 300. The first screenshot below is as viewed on a Mac. The second one is the same 400 x 300 picture viewed on an iPhone. As you can see the phone fills the screen in the vertical direction regardless of the smaller size and your picture should do the same as well even if it has large dimensions.

Your post does not provide a lot of information. From the limited details I would say that the picture is arriving at the phone in a zoomed state already and the phone is not the culprit in enlarging. More details would help.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Sep 2, 2015 7:50 AM in response to mladha

Another option to try is to send the same identical photo to another device like a PC or Mac (not the same one where Photoshop resides). An iPad would likely display the picture just as an iPhone but another computer, PC or Mac, should display the photo as it truly is, not by adjusting to the screen like iOS. Curious to know....

JPEG saved in Photoshop viewed on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.