Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps Lock

Is there option for Lock Apps ?

It would be great if it could be locked a particular app into setting. For example if someone take the iPhone or iPad for play game, or look photo, or some apps, that they can't enter into mail, contact, message or certain apps 🙂

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Mac Pro(Late 2013), 6-core, D700

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:26 AM

14 replies

Sep 1, 2015 11:28 AM in response to Igor_Ri

No there isn't anything that allows that right now except for Guided Access. That can be used to restrict usage of the device to one thing. You should check for information in the User Guide about that. Otherwise, I would not allow someone to use my device if you cannot trust them with everything on it.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1565/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Sep 1, 2015 11:41 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I want to give an iPad or iPhone, but I do not want to read my e-mails, messages, or that can't delete or change something in contacts, write mail or message, viber, of some different apps

It is a basic thing that Apple had integrated into iOS. Like restrictions on the use of cellular data for specific apps in setting.

Sep 7, 2015 6:29 AM in response to FelipeV

They can certainly.

I use more Apple products, and they're great. But some things are beyond the android and its options 😟 .

Otherwise it is great when your child while playing on the iPad, can enter the contacts, calendar, mail, message... and made a little mess there.

In this case you will ask you if they can do this ?

Sep 7, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Igor_Ri

Igor_Ri wrote:

Otherwise it is great when your child while playing on the iPad, can enter the contacts, calendar, mail, message... and made a little mess there.

Ask them yourself:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, don't let people you can't trust to use your iPad with out causing harm to "play" with it without supervision.

Sep 7, 2015 7:35 AM in response to Igor_Ri

Igor_Ri wrote:

They can certainly.

I use more Apple products, and they're great. But some things are beyond the android and its options 😟 .

You have four options and they have all been discussed on this thread:

1). Follow Templeton's and Chris suggestions.

2). Use the feedback page.

3). Buy another device that does what you want

4). Don't let your child play with expensive electronics unsupervised

Simple....

Apps Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.