Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s apps crash while writing messages

Hello

My iPhone 5s apps 'Messages' and 'Messenger' for Facebook crash a lot, but only when I'm writing messages, not while reading them. The apps sometimes crash when I'm writing messages and they crash instantly when I hold my finger over the text, move the cursor around (the magnifying glass appears) and let go. They do not crash instantly when I move the cursor simply by tapping at another place in the text. Mostly the text message I am writing is not saved, but sometimes it is, or part of it is, when I reenter the apps. I am returned to the home screen, but the apps are still open when I double tap the home button.

I have the iOS 8.4.1 operating system - I recently upgraded, but I had the issue before the upgrade.

My Capacity is 26,7 GB and I have 9,2 GB available.

I have the latest version of the Facebook Messenger app.

I have tried turning it off and on again with no effect.

I have tried a hard reboot (pressing down the home button and the on/off/lock button at the same time until the device turns off and on again), also with no or limited effect - I think maybe the apps started, sometimes, saving the text message I am writing when they crash so it's not deleted when I reenter the apps - after the reboot.

Also, sometimes when I'm writing on my phone parts of my keyboard freeze, mostly it's the 'A' side (left side) of the keyboard. I don't think it's connected, but there it is.

Does anybody have the same problem and more importantly does anybody know how to fix it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:51 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5s apps crash while writing messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.