Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano 7th Gen

I have a problem when turning on my nano at first, music will start, then it will bounce to another song for a few secons..then to another. Or it will go to videos, or Nike...etc...

after a minute or so it settles down and plays music normally.

Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:45 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 1:04 PM in response to Boonie08

Hello Boonie08,

I understand that your iPod nano is exhibiting some strange behavior momentarily after first powering on. The first troubleshooting step that can help stabilize your iPod nano would be to reset the device.

To reset your iPod nano (7th generation), press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen goes dark. After a few seconds, you'll see the Apple logo and then the Home screen.

To reset your iPod nano (6th generation), press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button for at least eight seconds or until you see the Apple logo. You might need to repeat this step.

If you still need help, follow these steps:

1. Plug your iPod into a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
    You can also plug your iPod into your computer. Make sure that the computer is on and isn't set to go to sleep.
  2. Try to reset your iPod again.

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Cheers

Nano 7th Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.