Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble moving my music to my new PC using home sharing

During the process of moving my library from one PC to my new PC, I have encountered a problem at the end of the process. I have enabled home sharing, am signed in to my account on both PC. My new PC sees, and transfers all of the library on the old PC. The issue is importing/exporting, I cannot seem to make that happen. The help screen/tab does not give me that option to import on the new PC. I have disabled the firewalls on both PC during this process.

I can even play all elements of my library on the new PC. Seems like just one step left.

Thanks.

null-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 7 PC, to a Windows 10 PC

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:23 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 11:47 AM in response to keneder62

Hi keneder62,
I understand that you are trying to migrate your iTunes library to your new computer and you are trying to use Home Sharing. The preferred method on migrating your iTunes library is using an external hard drive to copy the contents over or using iTunes in the Cloud. Take a look at the article below for more details.
How to move your iTunes library to a new computer
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204318

Take it easy

I am having trouble moving my music to my new PC using home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.