Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Columns in a Numbers spreadsheet (iLife)

Can the number of columns in a Numbers Spreadsheet (iLife) be set, so that i do not constantly have to delete them when i'm scrolling to the R?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), disc utility good, enuff space

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:17 PM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 5:07 PM in response to vayerwulf

HI v'

I'm puzzled as well.

You can fix the number of columns in a table by Locking the table. But doing so doesn't just keep the table from having more columns added to it; it locks the size, shape and position of the table and prevents the user from changing the content of the table.

If the table you're asking about is one on which you do not need to directly enter or edit any data (ie. a table on which all of the displayed are either entered once, then remain fixed, or values calculated by formulas, and not produced by direct entry into a cell on the table), Then menu: Arrange > Lock may provide what you need.

I'm assuming that 'scrolling to the R' means scrolling to the right.

Before the scroll, how many columns does the table have (number, or column letter of the last column)?

What actions do you take to perform that scroll? A specific description of each step might provide clues to solve the issue.

Does the number of columns change as a result of the scroll?

If so, when do new columns begin to appear?

Regards,

Barry

Columns in a Numbers spreadsheet (iLife)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.