Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using iPhoto V 8.1.2 and trying to make a book. All of the choices for selecting the characteristics of the book are greyed out. ???

I am using iPhoto V 8.1.2 and trying to make a book. All of the choices for selecting the characteristics of the book are greyed out. My Mac is a MacBook Pro mid 2010 running OS X 10.8.5. iPhoto was installed long ago and this is the first time I've tried to make a book. Can anything be done to restore it's book-making functions?

Mountain Lion-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iMac: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:59 AM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2015 12:04 PM in response to Yer_Man

I can produce the book on my older iMac running the same iPhoto and system software, and my brother-in-law, who has been doing this for several years (I don't know what versions of his iPhoto and system software he's running, but I'm trying to find out) assures me that I can still get the book printed. But I want to go on the road for a while and this is a good project to take with me to do on the MacBook. Trouble is, it won't let me even start a book. Am I missing some components of iPhoto in a library on the MacBook, mine or the system's?

I am using iPhoto V 8.1.2 and trying to make a book. All of the choices for selecting the characteristics of the book are greyed out. ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.