Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers does not export correct document size to PDF

My Number document is set to US Letter size 11x8.5. However, when I export this document to PDF it changes the size to 12.39 x 11 and the PDF does not print in full scale and I have to change the print setting to get the full sized print-out. The PDF is supposed to be a downloadable document on my website but I don’t want users to have to fumble around with their print setting to get the right size. This is driving me nuts! How do I get it to export the correct paper size?

Thank you!
Kerstin

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:42 PM

Hi kcpa,

My best guess is that your document is too large to print on a single page.

If you have any invisible objects or empty text boxes on your sheet there may be accommodations being made for them.

This table fits very nicely on a single page but I have a text box with an empty space way off to the side. This is what I get on export.

User uploaded file

You can also print to a PDF from the print screen. It would give you another view. Here is the same sheet in print preview. I could just save page one from there.

User uploaded file

quinn

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 12:42 PM in response to kcpa

Hi kcpa,

My best guess is that your document is too large to print on a single page.

If you have any invisible objects or empty text boxes on your sheet there may be accommodations being made for them.

This table fits very nicely on a single page but I have a text box with an empty space way off to the side. This is what I get on export.

User uploaded file

You can also print to a PDF from the print screen. It would give you another view. Here is the same sheet in print preview. I could just save page one from there.

User uploaded file

quinn

Sep 1, 2015 1:11 PM in response to t quinn

Thank you Quinn! My table was actually not too large and there were no hidden text boxes or anything. In print preview in Numbers it fit perfectly onto one page without changing the sizing or percentage. It also fits onto one page in the PDF created from the PDF export, however, there were larger white margins on that one and they made the document look wonky.

HOWEVER. Thank you so much for suggestion to use the Save as PDF function from the print screen in Numbers. That did the trick and the document now looks perfect as a PDF!

So while I think that Numbers does something funky here at least there is a good and easy work around!

Thank you!

Kerstin

Numbers does not export correct document size to PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.