Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 bluetooth failures

My iPhone 5 no longer connects my car's bluetooth. It isn't the car since I replaced the bluetooth module and my husbands incredibly cheap flip phone does connect. Now the iPhone no longer connects to a blue tooth speaker I have in my house via a rockfish bluetooth device. This device is just a year old. My husbands iPad does connect. I thought they used the same OS. What do you think? Has my phone just been updated to the point it will not connect to much of anything? Is it just now considered obsolete? Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:26 AM

Hello Diane,

From your post I understand that your iPhone is not connecting to the Bluetooth in your car's stereo system. To start troubleshooting this issue please follow the steps below.

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Diane1349

Hello Diane,

From your post I understand that your iPhone is not connecting to the Bluetooth in your car's stereo system. To start troubleshooting this issue please follow the steps below.

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Cheers.

Sep 3, 2015 8:24 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for the reply. I've done all that several times. Apple told me to call Homelink...Homelink told me to call Apple. Much research led me to believe that the Bluetooth module in the car was faulty..it was. I replace that and for the iPhone it did not work...repeating all the steps you list. All that anyone says now is that the updates to the phone made the phone incompatible with the Bluetooth module. Even the car dealer can't make it work. Guess I either have to buy a new phone.

iPhone 5 bluetooth failures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.