Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for an iPhone 4s to get a virus or anything related to one?

So I was reading up online and I know that trojan apps exist and all and I know I didn't download one plus I hardly download apps anyways. But I was wondering if theres any other way, (including safari) to get a virus or malware on my iPhone 4s. I might be over thinking it and panicing a little, but with all of this tech in 2015 its hard to be sure.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:32 PM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 12:48 PM in response to themadcrapper

iPhone's can only download Apps from the App Store. These are screened and vetted by Apple, and so is extremely unlikely you'll find a trojan there.

However this would not be a virus, as explained above there are no known viruses that can affect iOS devices like iPhones.

And you cannot get anything form Safari or any other App.

The only thing to be aware of, is what you give your personal details. to. iOS Apps should never require any payment details, as that is handled through your Apple ID. So if any App is asking for them specifically that may be a problem.

Sep 1, 2015 2:37 PM in response to roaminggnome

roaminggnome wrote:

There are no viruses affecting iPhones.

To be more precise, There are no viruses affecting iPhones THAT HAVE NOT BEEN JAILBROKEN. (I'm using "virus" to mean malware of any kind). There is news today of malware that can steal iCloud user information, including payment information, but only if the phone has been jailbroken. Over 200,000 accounts have been affected so far.

Is it possible for an iPhone 4s to get a virus or anything related to one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.