Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built in and bluetooth keyboard not working on MacBook Pro 15.

None of the built in keys are recognized - no sounds made either. The bluetooth keyboard appears not to be able to connect - just continually blinks twice. The built in trackpad appears to be working normally, but a bluetooth trackpad also seems unable to connect.

I've tried the various resets, as well as other key combinations suggested in the forums, but since the key strokes are not being recognized, nothing happens.

To further complicate matters, the computer is asking for the logon password, and since I can't enter it, I can't get past that point.

The computer is circa late 2009. About two years ago coffee was spilled on the keyboard, and most of the keys on the right side stopped functioning. Hence the bluetooth keyboard, which has been working fine until about a week ago.

Any ideas before I head to the Apple Store?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2015 8:38 AM

Well, a friend asked yesterday if I'd gotten an answer from this forum yet. When I told him no, and that I was making an appointment at the Apple Store, he suggested I try a PC forum that he'd found to be pretty responsive and knowledgeable. I tried it and voila, within minutes I had the answer. And no stupid Mac comments even though the answer was embarrassingly simple.

At least I've found a good place to go when help is needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2015 8:38 AM in response to bobfromronkonkoma

Well, a friend asked yesterday if I'd gotten an answer from this forum yet. When I told him no, and that I was making an appointment at the Apple Store, he suggested I try a PC forum that he'd found to be pretty responsive and knowledgeable. I tried it and voila, within minutes I had the answer. And no stupid Mac comments even though the answer was embarrassingly simple.

At least I've found a good place to go when help is needed.

Built in and bluetooth keyboard not working on MacBook Pro 15.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.