Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save photos and videos to Mac

Hey, basically Apple is slowly driving me insane.

I recently got a Mac and started using iCloud, I assumed that iCloud would be able to save a copy of photos and videos to my Mac to my phone. I was wrong.

Everytime I deleted a photo from my phone it would be deleted on the Mac. I really need to delete photos from my phone because I am running out of space. I then started to copy and paste photos from my library into a file on my desktop. It turnt all my videos into JPEGs. I also wanted to upload some photos onto FaceBook but can't do it because there aren't any saved files of the photo! I tried to change the location of the photos but only could have it at the photos library app.

I then contacted Apple to ask them *** I should do. They then told me to import, I did that and still I cannot find any saved pictures or videos on my laptop, its all still on the photos library and has no files saved. And if I delete from my phone it deletes straight away on the Mac. I can't even drag and drop from my phone device because it doesn't show up, the Iphone is only read on the photos app and itunes.

This is ridiculous. *** is up with photos library. Its a waste of time and ive been trying to do this for a week and a half. talk about frustration.

Please help, anyone out there.

Thanks,

Joely

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:36 PM

There are no replies.

How to save photos and videos to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.