Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up opendns on airport time capsule?

I have an Airport Time capsule 2TB version 7.7.3. I am using a Macbook Air using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5. Airport Utility version 6.3.5 (635.2)

I do not know a lot about routers. From forums etc I've heard the term "bridged". I do not know if it is bridged, or how to check... and I do not know what that term means.

I've signed up for opendns and used their recommended steps to set it up...but some of the options do not apply any more to the software that I have, I suppose.

Using opendns' steps, there was a primary and secondary DNS space with specific numbers they wanted me to enter (After going to airport utility, clicking edit, then the internet tab). These exact options do not exist when I followed those instructions. I made an educated guess and filled those numbers in DNS Servers and put the open space the one that the steps said, and the second space with no label below it, the other set of numbers... My educated guess was wrong, and this messed up my router and I had to reset it.

Thanks for any recommendations!!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 12:23 PM

1 reply

How do I set up opendns on airport time capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.