Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you separate audio files from the logic document?

Hi There,

I like to save versions of my Logic files so I can roll back or incase of a corruption however, have just noticed that Logic documents store audio within the file which means I've quickly amassed 30GB of Logic files.

Is there a way to have an Audio folder that separates the audio so my files are smaller?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Ben

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), Recent NVIDIA Cuda update

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:17 PM

Not as such but you can simply uncheck the various options in the project Save window..... to prevent the audio itself from being saved with the Project.....

User uploaded file

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:58 PM in response to cmscss

cmscss wrote:

Is there a way to have an Audio folder that separates the audio so my files are smaller?

Here is an excerpt from my book "Logic Pro X - How it Works" that explains the "file handling" regarding the Project File.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Can you separate audio files from the logic document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.