Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After adding a contact from the Phone app, it doesnt show up in Contacts app?

On iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1- When adding a contact from the Messages app or the Phone app, the contact is not showing up in the Contacts app.? The contact will show up in Messages or Phone apps, but cannot be found in Contacts. The new contact also can not be found in Contacts in iCloud after back up. Only contacts saved in the Contacts app are saved.

Tried turning off contacts back up in iCloud. saving all on phone and then re-back up. Didn't work.
Tried toggling the Groups button in the Contacts app. Didn't work.
Tried changing all the settings on each of my email accounts to not share or back-up contacts. Did not work.
Tried making sure none of my apps (including FB) shared contacts. Didn't work.
Tried "Reset All Settings" and all the new contacts appeared in the Contacts app! Yay! THEN disappeared 10 minuets later! Boo!
Tried "erase all content and settings" and reload everything accept for my apps. The contacts appeared for 2 hours and then were gone...?

The re-appear then dis-appearing thing is really weird and frustrating. I think it may be saving the contact in a different type of file, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 1:35 PM

There are no replies.

After adding a contact from the Phone app, it doesnt show up in Contacts app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.