Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari is locked. I went to a website and it came back with an error message and locked it.

I Went to a website which then locked my screen and put up an error code: https :// iOSerror alerts.com

due to a third party application in your phone, iOS is crashed contact support for immediate fix +1-844-880-6772 toll free

I Then did 2 hard shut down but safari is locked. Please help!

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:08 PM

Double-tap on the home button to bring up multi-tasking. Find Safari and swipe upwards on the thumbnail to force closed the app. Then go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data. After that, open Safari again and it should be alright. Whatever you do, do not call that number or provide them with any information. It is a scam, phishing attempt.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 2:08 PM in response to donnafromcanton

Double-tap on the home button to bring up multi-tasking. Find Safari and swipe upwards on the thumbnail to force closed the app. Then go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data. After that, open Safari again and it should be alright. Whatever you do, do not call that number or provide them with any information. It is a scam, phishing attempt.

My safari is locked. I went to a website and it came back with an error message and locked it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.