Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add apps to the Open-In menu of the iOS native mail client?

I use the native iOS mail client to access my company email. Everything was working fine -- I was able to open Office docs in the iOS mail client and was able to use the iOS versions of ppt, word, excel and the office mobile app.

However, once I installed the Outlook mail client for iOS, i noticed that i was no longer able to identify ppt, word, excel files or choose to open them with iOS native versions of each of those files even though I have the apps on the iPhone.

I deleted the Outlook client, and reset the phone, but I still don't see ppt, word, excel in the Open-In menu of the native iOS mail client.

How do I get back to where I was before I downloaded the Outlook mail client for iOS?

Really bummed out at the loss of functionality.

Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:19 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 4:28 PM in response to dgrao10

Try as needed:

1. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

2. Restore a backup made before installing the Outlook client.

3. If you don't have a pre-Outlook backup, restore to factory settings without restoring a current backup.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

How can I add apps to the Open-In menu of the iOS native mail client?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.