Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First time facetime user - HELP

So, I have an older iPad, looks like an iPad 2.

I try to log into facetime by either clicking the icon from the desktop, or from settings/setting up facetime. and I enter my correct apple ID and password and it just sits there and thinks...then nothing..no error messages, no screen change, it just stops thinking.

How do I make it work?

Thanks!

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:49 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 7:00 AM in response to kabucha

Greetings kabucha,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I am always excited to hear about someone using a new feature on their iPhone such as FaceTime. I understand that you are looking for some clarification on how to set up and use FaceTime. The attached article below has great instructions for setting up and using this service.

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

Sep 3, 2015 9:40 AM in response to kabucha

Hello kabucha,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I apologize for misunderstanding and thank you for clarifying. I know that you are not seeing any of the messages described at the top of the attached article below, but I would still suggest working through the suggested steps.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Have a great day

First time facetime user - HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.