Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update means no phone

Hey everyone today I tried to update my phone.
I connected it to Itunes, it did it's thing for a little while and then said it could not update it.
The screen on my iphone still showed an apple with a bar under it but Itunes was showing no activtity on the update.
Then it said I needed to restore it to factory settings, so I pushed it to go ahead. It came back saying it couldn't restore.
Now Im back at the connect to ITunes screen on my phone.

Long Story Short: The only two options it gives me is, update or restore. I tried both and now I have no phone.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 1:33 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2015 3:41 AM in response to ohhellonat

No, there isn't, and the problem is not the update. Something went wrong during the process. It happens.

See this document for troubleshooting specific errors: Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.

Update means no phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.