Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Apple ID & Password

I have an iPad in my classroom that was donated by a parent and set up by the previous teacher. That teacher left the school system and did not leave behind the Apple ID or password. The iPad is currently logged into her iCloud and Find My iPad. I need to reset the iPad so I can log in with the my Apple ID. How can I do this when it isn't possible to get the original Apple ID and password?

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:08 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 2:11 PM in response to PICSTeacher

Since the school should be considered the owner of the device, have them provide some type of documentation and take the device to a physical Apple Store for assistance. You may need to bring a letter of explanation from the school system as well to see if Apple will help. Generally, they would only assist the original owner of the device, but this would be your only chance. Otherwise, it will be locked. Also, I suggest the school system be the one to set the device up if it gets unlocked so this does not happen again.

Missing Apple ID & Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.