Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Back from the Dead

Well, after using computer for 30 years, I finally did a stupid thing. I spilled my coffee on my 15" Macbook 😢.. I took it to my nearest Apple store and they wanted in the the $,$$$.$$ to fix it... For that price, I'd grab some tools and see what I could do... since the spill was minor and to the right side (hard disk and optical drive) and opposed to hitting the keyboard and the Logic Board (MOTHER BOARD). The unit would not power on at all.. I removed the battery, the hard disk which looked fine and tried to fire up the hit via the keyboard cable removed and making a connection on the Logic board --no dice... I left the unit just sit for days and figured if I could get a new Logic board (or recycled) one I might give it a go... well I tossed the unit back together and just for grins plugged in the A/C.. poof! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!!!

All checks out but a message about the battery might need service. so maybe to coffee hit that.... that's an easy fix...

MORAL! DON'T BE STUPID LIKE ME 🙂

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:43 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Back from the Dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.