Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X Bug? Need your help. Video demo in thread.

I am experiencing strange behavior in LPX 10.n Linked windows inside a folder are not working as expected. This strange behavior is new to Logic X, I have verified that it is not present in LP9, which works as one would expect.

Can some of you verify this, and tell me if I am missing something regarding the new behaivor, which hasn't been corrected in LPX10.2. I encounter the same behavior on 2 different machines, so it's probably not the individual installation.

A video showcasing the bug is here:

https://youtu.be/o-HSiEBtEbE

Procedure to reproduce the bug:

1-In the arrange window make 2 midi regions with notes inside.

2-press "command-6" to open a piano roll window, and activate the catch icon.

3-alternately select the regions in the arrange window, and see that the content-catch'd piano roll shows the notes inside the selected region after 1 click.

4-create a folder on a midi track and double click to enter that folder.

5-once again, create 2 midi regions with notes in them.

6-Alternately select the regions in the folder, and see that the content-catch'd piano roll does not properly show the contents of the selected folder.

Does this happen for you guys? Having to analyze whether to single or double click each region is workflow-killer over here.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:41 PM

There are no replies.

Logic X Bug? Need your help. Video demo in thread.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.