Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting my bachelor abroad in September

I live in Norway, but I'll be taking my bachelor's degree in Wales starting this September. I'm think no of getting a student Macbook Pro but when I was trying to order it on the Norwegian site I could only chose from Norwegian universities. If I order from the British site, I won't get a Norwegian keyboard. Is there a solution to this?

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:19 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2015 4:03 PM in response to Boycandy

According to Tom Gewecke, a forum expert on languages and keyboards, every Mac keyboard has at least English characters on it.

With the software built into Mac OS X, you can change it to type in any of the more than twenty standard supported languages, including right-to-left scripts like Arabic or Hebrew.

The only thing missing at that point would be the alternate language characters on the keys. A fine-point marker could fix that problem in under an hour.

Sep 3, 2015 3:44 AM in response to Boycandy

Boycandy wrote:

Is there a solution to this?

I think probably not. To have a discount you will have to make do with one of the keyboards available in the UK. It is not at all difficult to type Norwegian on a US or British keyboard, all the special characters are available via option key shortcuts or by just holding down the key for the base letter and choosing the accented version from the popup menu that appears.

Starting my bachelor abroad in September

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.