Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The sync button is greyed out and cannot sync

So I recently upgraded both my itunes and my Iphone 5s to the latest versions and now I can not sync with my itunes. Also everytime i check i have less and less free space on my phone and the only data to show up is other. I have tried reinstalling itunes multiple times and have also restarted my computer if that helps.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:33 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 11:39 AM in response to StevenC.

For what it's worth, I fixed similar symptoms (can't sync, can't back up, keeps disconnecting the USB, everything shows as Other) on my iPad by "resetting the Lockdown folder"—which is Step 4 here:

If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

(Although I did not actually have to delete ALL the items in the Lockdown folder, just the item named for my iPad's UDID code—which you can view by clicking on the serial number under Summary in iTunes. As near as I can tell, these files are just telling the computer that "this device trusts this computer," in which case deleting them wouldn't be terribly risky. It just causes the iPad/iPhone to ask you again "Trust this computer?"

The sync button is greyed out and cannot sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.