Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages linking only links to Apple.com

Using Pages 5.5.3 and Format>Link with OS X10.10.5 no matter what website address I put in when clicked it defaults to Apple.com. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 2:42 PM

Type in the url then highlight the text then "rght or control click "hen click Add Link.

For more help with Pages, from the Pages menu bar click Help > Pages Help then type in keywords in the search field top right corner of that window.

9 replies

Sep 4, 2015 12:30 PM in response to FHBrian

I'm having the same issue. I'm using Pages 5.5.3 currently, but this has been going on for the last few versions. When I attempt to insert a hyperlink (I select the text and either contextual click to "insert link" or just hit command+k) I am taken to a screen for entering a URL for my link, so far so good (apple.com is the default). When I replace the default with my text and hit "go to page" or hit "okay" and then click on the link, I am still taken to apple.com. The only work around I've found is to let it take me to apple.com once, they edit the link, then re-paste the url, and then go to that page. Usually that works in Pages, but not in Numbers. Can anyone help me?

Sep 4, 2015 12:42 PM in response to nstreet

In Pages v5, to change the default Apple link to your own, make the modification, and press return. Then click anywhere in your document body to dismiss the Link Editor. This avoids opening the new link, and by single-clicking on the new link, you can confirm it is what you want set. Again, click outside of that dialog to dismiss it.

Sep 8, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Yellowbox

Hi Yellowbox,

Thank you for your help. This is more or less what I've been doing. I guess I've been frustrated by the fact that you have to insert the url, dismiss the initial edit box, then get back in to edit the url again. In previous versions of Pages and in most other word processing programs, you don't need the extra step. Once you insert your URL, the default link is automatically replaced. Actually, if memory serves, in most programs there is no default link. It took a lot of time trying to get it to work the way I wanted, but I guess it's only a small inconvenience to expect to edit it twice. Anyway, thanks for your help.

nstreet

Pages linking only links to Apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.