Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Windows embedded be installed on Boot Camp?

Hi, I am trying to assist some students with the installation of Windows embedded 8.1 industry pro and Windows embedded 7 on their Macbooks. The issue I am coming across is with the actual installation. After following the standard protocol for a Boot Camp install, it will not continue. For both versions Boot Camp will create the Windows Media and download and save the support software, but when it is actually time for the install, the devices state that they cannot find the install media.

The ISOs are directly from Microsoft, and with the media that Boot Camp created I can boot to and attempt to install windows, but it will not function through Boot Camp for the install.

I would just partition it off and do the install by booting to the media, since this is a developer version of Windows it assumes I am installing the software on blank space and wants to wipe the drive, and will not allow me to choose a particular partition to install it on.

So, after all this I wanted to check with the Apple community to see if these Windows Embedded operating systems can in fact be installed via Boot Camp.

Any assistance is appreciated as I have tried everything I can think of to try and get this to work.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:51 PM

There is no support for such versions on a Mac. As an experiment, take one of the Macs, erase the internal disk and format it as MBR, install the embedded version and see if you can convert the MBR disk to a GPT and partition and install OSX after Windows is in place. You may have to create a Hybrid MBR by hand to make both versions work together properly.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2015 3:51 PM in response to bapascha1249

There is no support for such versions on a Mac. As an experiment, take one of the Macs, erase the internal disk and format it as MBR, install the embedded version and see if you can convert the MBR disk to a GPT and partition and install OSX after Windows is in place. You may have to create a Hybrid MBR by hand to make both versions work together properly.

Can Windows embedded be installed on Boot Camp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.