Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not syncing apps - only 3 steps -total time 12 seconds

After the latest update (iT 12.2.2) iPhone 5s not really doing a complete sync. It starts out with the first task being to transfer diagnostics, then it says it is preparing to sync apps but immediately finishes up. Apps aren't syncing.

Not getting anything back from KB. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:04 AM

Greetings Tom Willis,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like syncing completes without syncing any apps from your Mac’s iTunes library to your iPhone 5s. I know that syncing issues can be frustrating, especially if you have already looked for information in Apple’s resources and have not found a resolution, but I do have some troubleshooting steps that I would like you to work through.

1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and select it.

2. Navigate to the Apps pane by selecting Apps from the Settings section of the sidebar.

3. Make one change to the Apps column. Add an app to sync to your iPhone by selecting Install or remove an app from your iPhone by selecting remove.

4. Select Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.

This should start a sync, including applications. If your apps sync as expected, you can return to Step 3 and add/remove the change you made and then select Apply again to give you your correct apps. If the apps still do not sync, and the change you made was not reflected on your iPhone, please let us know.

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Tom Willis

Greetings Tom Willis,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like syncing completes without syncing any apps from your Mac’s iTunes library to your iPhone 5s. I know that syncing issues can be frustrating, especially if you have already looked for information in Apple’s resources and have not found a resolution, but I do have some troubleshooting steps that I would like you to work through.

1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and select it.

2. Navigate to the Apps pane by selecting Apps from the Settings section of the sidebar.

3. Make one change to the Apps column. Add an app to sync to your iPhone by selecting Install or remove an app from your iPhone by selecting remove.

4. Select Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes.

This should start a sync, including applications. If your apps sync as expected, you can return to Step 3 and add/remove the change you made and then select Apply again to give you your correct apps. If the apps still do not sync, and the change you made was not reflected on your iPhone, please let us know.

Cheers

Not syncing apps - only 3 steps -total time 12 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.