Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 won't accept charge

In December of 2014, I had to get a replacement iPhone because my other one didn't hold charge. Now this replacement is NOT ACCEPTING charge. I don't know how to reboot it considering my lock button also doesn't work. It only charges if I hold the cord a certain way and etc. I just need this phone to last until the newer one comes out in a few weeks. PLEASE HELP ME

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:54 PM

2 replies

Sep 1, 2015 5:59 PM in response to GemmaRF

GemmaRF wrote:

In December of 2014, I had to get a replacement iPhone because my other one didn't hold charge. Now this replacement is NOT ACCEPTING charge. I don't know how to reboot it considering my lock button also doesn't work. It only charges if I hold the cord a certain way and etc. I just need this phone to last until the newer one comes out in a few weeks. PLEASE HELP ME

Start by examining the charging port under a strong light and a magnifier. Check for any lint or other debris that may have gotten jammed into the port. Use a non-metallic tool to remove anything you find.

Try a different cable. Try a different charger.

My iPhone 5 won't accept charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.