Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant install or update keynote

I received my new macbook air today. When I was updating all the apps, keynote was the only one that displayed an error message while updating. So, I decided to uninstall it and reinstall. Now, when I'm installing keynote the download progress restarts (Eg. It's 5,9 MB and it goes back to zero). After a few restarts on the download progress bar, an error is displayed. Can you help me please? I really need to get this fixed and install keynote.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 3:10 PM

Hi Pedr0_Neto,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new MacBook Air! I understand you are having trouble getting the Keynote application on your computer. Is this your first Mac, or did you set this MacBook Air up using a Time Machine Backup from a previous computer? If you have a Time Machine backup, you can restore the Keynote application and any presentations you had created in the past to your new computer, then update the software to the latest version, which is 6.5.3.

Is it possible that you are using a different Apple ID than the one initially used to purchase Keynote? If you have more than one Apple ID, you can sign out of the iTunes Store, then sign in with the other Apple ID and look at the Purchases.

I'll include some resources below that my help with this. If you are still unable to get the Keynote application to install on your new Mac, I'll include a link to technical support, as you are entitled to 90 days of support with your new purchase.

OS X Yosemite: Restore items backed up with Time Machine

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

MacBook Air - Contact Support - Apple Support

Regards,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2015 3:10 PM in response to Pedr0_Neto

Hi Pedr0_Neto,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new MacBook Air! I understand you are having trouble getting the Keynote application on your computer. Is this your first Mac, or did you set this MacBook Air up using a Time Machine Backup from a previous computer? If you have a Time Machine backup, you can restore the Keynote application and any presentations you had created in the past to your new computer, then update the software to the latest version, which is 6.5.3.

Is it possible that you are using a different Apple ID than the one initially used to purchase Keynote? If you have more than one Apple ID, you can sign out of the iTunes Store, then sign in with the other Apple ID and look at the Purchases.

I'll include some resources below that my help with this. If you are still unable to get the Keynote application to install on your new Mac, I'll include a link to technical support, as you are entitled to 90 days of support with your new purchase.

OS X Yosemite: Restore items backed up with Time Machine

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

MacBook Air - Contact Support - Apple Support

Regards,

Cant install or update keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.