Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my email on my itunes account. My pc and laptop (Windows) are ok, but my ipad will not accept the change. The old email is still associated with the account and I cannot sign in.

I changed my email on my itunes account. My pc and laptop (Windows) are ok, but my ipad will not accept the change. The old email is still associated with the account and I cannot sign in.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 5:51 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Jazzbo13

Hello Jazzbo13,
I understand tha you recently changed your Apple ID but are unable to have it changed on your iPad. That is something I can help you out with.
To fix this, you will need to change the Apple ID back to the original email address so you can sign out on your iPad. Once you have done that, you can change it back and you should be good to go. Take a look at the article below for more details.
If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203828

Take care

Sep 12, 2015 9:20 AM in response to norm123

Thanks for the reply. I did not include the twist that I canceled my old yahoo email account before trying to change the apple id.So I cannot log in with the old email. It's been a while since I last attempted to change the id on the ipad, but I thought it was successful. Then I noticed that my old email was still in the "Sign-in to the AppleStore" pop-up. I used the same password, so it must have something to do with the fact that I canceled the old email?

Sep 15, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Jazzbo13

Hey Jazzbo13,
You would only be changing a login Apple ID and not actually going back to your deleted email. When you change the name back temporally, it will not ask you to verify the account on your deleted email.
Now that we have more of the story, if you are just seeing your email in the "Sign-in to the App Store" pop up, look in Settings > iTunes & App Store to see if you are truly signed out. If you are not, follow the steps in the article below to do that. Then it would be a matter of signing back in with the new account.
Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203983
Take it easy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.