Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old 3gs phone with a ringtone I want, I now have a 5s - read the whole question before responding!

I have an old 3gs phone with a ringtone I want. I now have a 5s.

Before I got the 5s, I lost the disk that contained my itunes.. I had a much older version saved on another disk - so I got most things back, but there is a ring tone on the 3gs that I would really like on my 5s. When I start to sync the 3gs with itunes now - when I click to sync the tones, it asks if I want to replace everything on the 3gs with what is currently in itunes (which doesn't have this particular tone - because I got it after that backup was made).. .if I say yes, I will lose that tone.

Is there anything I can do? I can see old backup's of the 3gs phone, but when I started to do a restore, it didn't let me choose the backup to use.

Any ideas on how to get this tone off the 3gs onto the 5s?

Thank you!

iPhone 3GS, Windows 7, 3gs to 5s

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:40 PM

2 replies

I have an old 3gs phone with a ringtone I want, I now have a 5s - read the whole question before responding!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.