Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GoPro Studio video imports at 45 degrees

Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5

I have video footage taken on my phone which when I import into GoPro Studio is at 45 degrees.
The rotation tool only allows for 90 degree increments. Any ideas?
Any suggestion why the video rotates in the first place?
I found a reference elsewhere to this but no answers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gopro/comments/2xok9g/please_help_with_gopro_studio/

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 5:20 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2015 9:28 PM in response to LarryHN

Beats me why iPhoto isn't on this mac or I'd use it because I'm familiar with it. Been on every other mac or iPad I've used since it came into being. When I go to download it I'm asked for $18+ to buy it so I downloaded the free GoPro Studio. The video works fine in Quicktime but as it was an emergency situation when I was filming and I was doing my best under the circumstances, I filmed it upside down. It is for a university hospital's research and I gave them the original upside down version. Thought I'd make it more useable by giving it a little more exposure and flipping it. They can look at it the right way around by holding their phones upside down but for a lecture room it is confusing.

I'm looking for a way to rotate it 180 degrees. Ironic that it had rotated without being asked but only to 45 degrees. Someone else has brought up this problem but the only answer was to tell them where to find the rotate tool. Not much help in my case either.

Thanks anyway for responding.

GoPro Studio video imports at 45 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.