Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I exported my iPhoto library into a new folder and now I can't find that folder. Where did it go? How might I be able to find it?

Hello,

So I exported my iPhoto library to a new folder to try and move it from my old macbook to my new macbook.

I want to keep all the events and stuff the same and I figured that might be the easiest way. I also know nothing about computers.

Does anyone know where the pictures went after being exported because I cannot find the folder?

This would be a great help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:28 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 6:33 PM in response to Bob006

Of course not - you set the export location when you exported - only you know what you did

and you can not keep your structure and organization by exporting you need to move the entire iphoto library intact to the new computer either by a direct connection or by using an external drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) - then opening it on the new computer - no exporting or importing involved

LN

I exported my iPhoto library into a new folder and now I can't find that folder. Where did it go? How might I be able to find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.