Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering Deleted Messages

About two weeks ago, I accidentally deleted some text messages from someone very special off of my iPhone 5s. I have been scouring the internet since then looking for a way to get them back. I considered an itunes recovery since I haven't backed it up since the messages were deleted, but the last time it was backed up was a couple of months ago, so I would be losing a lot of data. I looked into iCloud, but my messages were never backed up. I also looked into third-party data recoveries, but I would prefer not to spend almost 100 dollars on these messages.

I also use a MacBook Pro for all my backing up. I have the Messages app on my computer and use it frequently. I was wondering if there was any way I could get these messages back without the third party software. I had the idea of backing my phone up to iCloud and saving the messages from the past couple weeks and then restoring the itunes back up followed by restoring the iCloud backup, but I didn't know if that would just erase the messages put back on from the iTunes backup. I also didn't know if there was maybe a way to transfer messages from the Mac app messages to iCloud or directly to the phone.

Any help given would be much appreciated. The messages from this person are very special to me and I desperately want them back. I have texted with them everyday for the past two years, and would really like that data back. Please help, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:59 PM

There are no replies.

Recovering Deleted Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.