Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has my account been hacked

I Have just received an email stating that my account has been update for billing &is hippies @ 3:05am on 9/2/2015 gmt. i have not made any changes to my account and fear someone has hacked my account. i attempted to contact apple directly and they are closed but referred me to this site. does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed and changes thwt need to be made.

iPad, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:48 PM

Most probably phishing attempt.

If you are addressed with "Dear Customer", it's a scam since Apple has your details and will address you with your full name.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

5 replies

Sep 1, 2015 9:01 PM in response to ckuan

Thank you for your response. I just checked and the email is addressed to me with the correct date of top (& time) but states had been update on 9/2 @ 3:05 am gmt. I have changed my pasword and will try to contact apple again in the morning. i use apple itunes cards so wonder if it could pertain to that although billing is not associated with those.

Sep 1, 2015 9:36 PM in response to Iluvseashells

I don't think you need to do anything other than what you did already, change the PW on your email account. We get spam and phishing emails often. All you need to do isnever respond to anything that looks suspicious and never enter any personal data into an unsolicited webpage. It may look scary but as long as you do not provide personal information there is nothing they can get. 🙂

Has my account been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.