Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad will no longer recognize my email imap settings

I experienced some problems with my email account recently and this caused my email on my iPad to stop working. I use our local phone service (Cox) internet provider which offers 2 options to view webmail: 1) Enhanced option which is very user friendly and 2) Classic which is NOT user friendly. I have used Enhanced from the start. About a week ago something suddenly affected my access to the Enhanced option and I could not access it at all, only the Classic option. After much trial and error and lots of assistance I managed (I hope) to have my email issue corrected and my Enhanced option is now working. I have used it for several days now with none of the previous issues I was experiencing so I tried to set up my email again on my iPad. It should be mentioned that when I first set up my email on my iPad it pulled the necessary data from Cox and I assume the Enhanced option set up and when that crashed my email on my iPad crashed as well. I'm guessing this is because my iPad email could not access the correct info but this is only a guess on my part. At any rate, now when I plug in all the required email setup information, which has not changed, I get messages telling me my user name or password are incorrect. As I stated, I had an issue with my email but my user name and password has not changed. I verified and re-verified several times that I had all the correct settings for imap and stmp and that I had typed in all required information correctly. I verified all this information through the Apple support page so I KNOW it's all correct. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so, did they get it corrected and how?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:29 PM

There are no replies.

ipad will no longer recognize my email imap settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.