Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband's Classic is losing battery power. He's had it some years (version 2.0.1) and He is now very upset at the prospect of it giving up the ghost. Is it possible still to have the battery replaced, does anyone know?

My husband's Classic is losing battery power. He's had it some years (version 2.0.1) and he is now very upset at the prospect of it giving up the ghost. Is it possible still to have the battery replaced, does anyone know?

iPod classic

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:32 AM

Yes, tools and parts are available for a few £/$ on eBay, and how-to videos are on YouTube, if you want to fix it yourself. Opening the case is tricky but can be done with a little patience and the right tools. Or there are places that will do it for you for a fee.

tt2

5 replies

My husband's Classic is losing battery power. He's had it some years (version 2.0.1) and He is now very upset at the prospect of it giving up the ghost. Is it possible still to have the battery replaced, does anyone know?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.