Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've backed up two phones in iTunes but now it shows two phones but only one by name and the other won't open to restore

I backed up both my (Jon's iPhone) and my wife's (Jen's iPhone) iPhone 4's in iTunes, now having purchased iPhone 5c's I'm trying to restore our personal information to the new phones. Mine worked just fine but when I tried to do her's and clicked on the little phone icon for the drop down list it showed "Jon's iPhone" and "iPhone" and down at the bottom where I chose restore my only option was Jon's iPhone. Clicking the "iPhone" in the drop down did nothing and choosing "iPhone" in the top bar did nothing. Is all her back up gone? what should I do? I have been using Time Machine with an external drive, any chance it could be in there?

Both phones do show by name in our iTunes profile.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1, Both phones show by name in profile

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:11 PM

2 replies

I've backed up two phones in iTunes but now it shows two phones but only one by name and the other won't open to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.