Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped my iPhone 6 in water and I keep on getting error 14 when trying to restore / update it

User uploaded fileHello on Saturday I went to the beach and a wave came in and took my phone. It was wet to so dried it as much as I could. I have been trying to restore it but as soon as it's installing the update it disconnects and I get the error 14 on iTunes.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:14 PM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 11:01 PM in response to manzo831

Unfortunately, salt water is the most corrosive type of water exposure, and it is really not likely that it can be saved. However, before you started doing all of the recovery stuff, did you put the phone in a bag of rice for at least a week? It needs to dry out if possible before you do anything to try to restore it.

But remember, even if you are able to get it working again, the salt in the water will eventually eat away at the insides of the phone.

You might want to make a trip to the Apple Store so they can have a look at it. They will be able to tell you if it is a lost cause or not.

Sorry,

GB

Dropped my iPhone 6 in water and I keep on getting error 14 when trying to restore / update it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.