Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

everything on my computer shrank....I can't find how to get it back...HELP

All my texts and apps are too small...they just shrank down and I've tried EVERYTHING....DON'T know how to fix it. Everything is so tiny I'm going crazy

MacBook Pro....

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:09 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 6:35 PM in response to neramey362

Even if the screen has become completely unusable, you can Restart and hold the Shift key for Safe Mode. It will spend five minutes doing a Disk Utility (Repair Disk [directory]) while showing you a progress bar for the first 1/3, then demand your username and password, even if you normally auto-login.

Safe Mode uses a One-size-fits-all screen resolution while it is running, and loads a very minimal set of extensions. But you can use:

System Preferences > Displays ...

to set the screen resolution back to something you like (and take care to close the window and Save Changes) then it will "stick". Next time you re-boot it takes slightly longer, and will start to use your new screen resolution at the login screen or Desktop (whichever you normally see first).

EDIT: if you can see to use it, you can try making a screen resolution adjustment directly instead of Safe Mode.

everything on my computer shrank....I can't find how to get it back...HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.