Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send mail after 8.4 and 8.4.1 update

I recently updated to IOS 8.4 and then 8.4.1 on my iPhone. Afterwards I could not send email with one of my (IMAP) accounts. When I try to send an email, it returns an error with: "Cannot send mail. The connection to the outgoing server <mydomain>.com failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings." I get all check marks when I setup the account. I have mirrored my setting on my desktop to the iPhone. I have tried to setup other mail apps on my iPhone with the same results - can not send. I can receive emails and if I create a new email and save as a draft, I can get that draft email on my other devices. My email provider uses a port 2525 for mail smtp with SSL on - Authentication = Password.

If I go in and check the settings on my iPhone -> Settings -> Mail -> account -> outgoing mail server -> and change a setting, it returns after about 4 minutes "The server is not responding"

I have deleted the account and added it back in 5 or 8 times and still the error appears. SSL on or off. I have talked to my email provider and because I can send email from my other devices with the same account info, they determined that it is a device issue. With my iPad and other iPhones with iOS 8.3, it works fine.

I took it to the Apple Store and they looked at it and said it was my email providers fault. Email providers says it's Apple fault.

I can send email with gmail and my .mac account.

Brian

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:54 PM

7 replies

Can't send mail after 8.4 and 8.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.