Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought an ipad from ebay

, the seller actually canceled their account , when i got the ipad it shows a message about the ipad being stolen , when i contacted the number on screen its been disconnected , if i ship it to apple will they return it to owner? i dont know what else to do .. ebay wont give me back my money & i dont want stolen property

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 6:25 PM

27 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:28 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

No, they would not give it to you due to privacy restrictions. They will not accept the iPad. They will advise you to take it to your local law enforcement authorities which is what you should do.

No, Verizon wouldn't give out customer information. But, yes, Verizon corporate stores will take a lost phone or iPad that has Verizon service on it and attempt to return it to the owner. However, it wouldn't be the appropriate way to handle a stolen device.

Sep 1, 2015 8:29 PM in response to Bobokins12

Bobokins12 wrote:

I'm not sure. They probably wouldn't give you the address and everything. They might give you the phone number. If you were able to somehow prove that you had in fact gotten a stolen iPad, I think they would give it to you. If you use Verizon Live Chat or a support forum you could upload a photo of the iPad. Then I think they would believe you.

Any Verizon employee who gave out such information would face immediate termination if they were discovered to have violated customer privacy in that way. The same is probably true of other carriers as well.

i bought an ipad from ebay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.