Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a 1x4 HDMI splitter to make my macbook recognize 4 different screens instead of having them all show the same thing?

I recently got a triple monitor setup in my room, and was wondering how to hook them all to my MacBook Pro (late 2011) in order to work on 4 different screens (triple monitors plus my TV) simultaneously. Is there anyway to do this native to my Mac? Or is there some sort of software needed to do this? I can't daisy chain the monitors, unfortunately, and my TV doesn't have an HDMI out, either.

I really need this for school where I'm constantly needing to reference about 3 different pages at the same time, while editing plans on AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or simply for research and homework purposes.

So visually it looks like this: My MBP's MiniDisplay output -> 1x4 HDMI splitter -> 3 monitors and my TV. Need them to all function as independent windows.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:01 AM

no, you cant

you need something like matrox triplehead2go

3 replies

Can I use a 1x4 HDMI splitter to make my macbook recognize 4 different screens instead of having them all show the same thing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.