Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant download whatsapp cos i dont have iOS 6.1.6

while i was chatting in whatsapp a message appeared in my screan and asked me to download the latest verison... i tryed to download but then asked me for a software update 6.1.6 ... i have iPhone 3gs and the 5.1.1 version on my phone... i dont know if I update the new sofrware version , and than download the new whatsapp , than in my new whatsapp are my chat history and photos still there ? write to me back soon pls... and sorry for my english xD

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 7:36 PM

10 replies

Sep 2, 2015 7:14 PM in response to BerGenB

Hi BerGenB,

To answer your questions, Whatsapp should back up history, depending on the app. I'd also recommend backing up the phone first. As for how to do the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you can’t update wirelessly, or if you want to update with iTunes, install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Plug in your device to your computer. In iTunes, select your device. In the Summary pane, click Check for Update.

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

cant download whatsapp cos i dont have iOS 6.1.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.