Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay on Apple TV

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for airplay? When trying to stream from my macbook to Apple TV, the TV is lagging, I cannot watch anything via airplay. I just upgraded my internet, thought hat might be the problem but apparently not. Should I get a airport from Apple to help??

Thanks

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:30 PM

8 replies

Sep 1, 2015 10:37 PM in response to St@cyD

Airplay uses WiFi. Your WiFi is affected by the distance from the router and the Mac and Apple TV and old routers are slow. Either of these could be issues for your setup. Does the content you want to stream to TV play well on the Mac when the Mac is near the Apple TV? If so, it could be restarting or resetting the Apple TV is the best option. On Apple TV, Settings > General > Restart

Sep 2, 2015 1:37 AM in response to UGADog

My first internet connection was even closer and a slower download rate, it didn’t work. I now have this new one, and it still doesn’t work. Work’s great on my laptop, just not at all with airplay, it’s much slower on the TV and all f’d up.... It used to work a while back, then I did an update a long time ago and ever since then nothing!!! I have restarted multiple times it doesn’t seem to do anything....I wonder if I should reset?

Sep 4, 2015 11:57 AM in response to St@cyD

I understand, that is frustrating. I didn't know it was happening on two apple TVs. So it is not likely the Apple TV setups but the wireless router. Have you tried resetting the wireless router by disconnecting it's power for 30 seconds (including removing the battery if it has one) and connecting again after? Did you check to see if WMM is used in your router / modem? Routers / modems are not Apple related, but if you tell me what you have with model numbers I will try to help.

Sep 5, 2015 11:24 PM in response to UGADog

Sorry, let me explain, I have two apple tv’s but I have not treid the other one, as it’s in my bedroom... it used to work just fine, but that was a long time ago.. I have not tried since... I did just change my internet provider and this was happening previous to that, and still happening now, do yo think if I purchased the Airport Express that would help? The whole reason I got the Apple TV’s was b/c we moved out of North America for the next 3 years, and being able to stream was the entire reason... 🙂

Sep 6, 2015 2:55 AM in response to St@cyD

I do not know if adding a Airport Express will be helpful or not. If you have a lot of distance from the current router to Apple TV it could help, but if it used to work without an AE, you shouldn't need one now. Have you tried resetting the wireless router by disconnecting it's power for 30 seconds (including removing the battery if it has one) and connecting again after? Did you check to see if WMM is used in your router / modem? Routers / modems are not Apple related, but if you tell me what you have with model numbers I will try to help.

Airplay on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.