Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPP Email invites boucing back from Gmail

Hi

I'm having some issues with a new server install using Profile Manager with VPP Distribution. I need to be able to send email invites to users so apps can be allocated to them in Profile Manager.

However when I try and send emails to these users (They are gmail accounts) server log shows an SMTP error of Gmail rejected the from address in the email and therefore the emails do not get through.

The from address is provided by the serve itself and is currently set to a default of noreply@servername.local - can this be changed to something gmail will accept, I can not find a settting in server app or profile manager to achieve this so I'm at a loss, just so its clear currently the mail app on the server is disabled.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:20 AM

There are no replies.

VPP Email invites boucing back from Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.