Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No 3rd Party File Managers for IOS 8.3 and Up

It is bad enough that Apple is not offering memory card storage on the IOS devices- Apple doesn't offer a useful file manager with IOS, so why do they prevent third parties from offering this much needed function?

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:13 PM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2015 8:24 PM in response to cpdukes

cpdukes wrote:

It is bad enough that Apple is not offering memory card storage on the IOS devices- Apple doesn't offer a useful file manager with IOS, so why do they prevent third parties from offering this much needed function?

I've never found the need for either function. If those are important features to you, the iPad may not be the right choice for you.

No one here can speak for Apple. Speculation about Apple's policies and decisions is prohibited here.

Sep 1, 2015 9:06 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Actually, my comments are about my needs- not yours. There are many good things to say about Apple. I love my Imac, but IOS may be aimed at people who are uncomfortable with managing their data, and Android may be the better solution. A silly situation for Apple to be in as they have no natural need to give customers a reason to buy a competitor's product. Perhaps there are real reasons for this situation- anyone else?

No 3rd Party File Managers for IOS 8.3 and Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.