Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased music missing from iphone and itunes

This is driving me nuts. I bought an album last week and played it for a few days. All of a sudden on Saturday, the entire album is gone from my iphone and is not showing up in iTunes either. When I go into iTunes and look at the Album, it shows as "purchased" but will not let me redownload and I cannot figure out how to make it reappear on my phone or iTunes. What am I missing?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 11:57 AM in response to platinum903

Hi platinum903,
I understand how that can drive you crazy especially after seeing it on your device and then now it does not show up. Let's see if we can get this download and and back on your iPhone and in iTunes for you.
Start with taking a look at the article below. It will detail how to download previously purchased music and other content from the iTunes Store.
For your iPhone, the key is looking in the iTunes Store App. Open the app and go to More > Purchased > Music​ > Not on This iPhone. It will then list all the songs that you have purchased previously. Then just tap the Download icon User uploaded file to get the songs back on your iPhone.
For iTunes, just click your name by the search bar and you will see an option that says Purchased. Click that and then find the songs to download similar like your iPhone.
Download past purchases from iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

Take care

Purchased music missing from iphone and itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.