Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not charging.

My MacBook Pro started showing green fully charged When I checked battery percentage it was at 30% later went to 27% when not plugged in. Light goes from.23 down to 20% and not charging Even though charger showns orange. Help!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 9:26 PM

6 replies

Sep 2, 2015 11:32 PM in response to Ladyfox8501

Lady --

It could be a couple of things:

Bad Charger: If you have another one that's compatible, test it. If not, go to the Apple Store to test theirs.

Bad receptor: Your hardware will have to be repaired at the Apple Store

Bad Battery: You can check your battery in System Preferences > About This Mac > Power

Take a look, check things out, and let us know how you make out, OK?

Sep 3, 2015 6:25 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Greetings everyone,

My system fully charged last night! I did the SMC reset again and it worked. I think when I tried it before, it could have been a power issue as we were in the Dominican Republic on vacation. I also noticed the connectors that attach to the computer on the cord, one of the small gold post seemed to be a little lowere that the others.

I plan to take the charger in and replace it probably.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions! I'm back in school and really need my laptop to work well.

R,

Wendy

MacBook Pro not charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.