Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty not honored

I Purchased an iPhone 6+ for my wife april, 24 of this year. She has been extremely careful with this phone and has not dropped it or gotten it wet. The phone ceased operation the 26th of August. I sent it to Apple for warranty repair. They have informed me the display flex connector inside the phone is damaged and want to charge $329.00 + tax to fix the phone. I want to know if Apple is not going to warranty the phones, why do they have a warranty in the box?

this damage is inside the phone, on the main board. It is obviously damage that has nothing to do with the user.

iOS 8.4.1, Warranty not honored

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 8:58 PM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2015 5:40 PM in response to gtm1

I Tried calling the support number. After speaking with a Sr. Support tech, she agreed that the display flex cable in the photo could not be damaged by my wife, so the phone was returned to me with the order that I was to call back in to arrange for replacement. I called and spoke with another Sr. Advisor when I got my phone, who assured me that it would be replaced at no cost. I got a new box and sent it back to Apple. This time I was informed that the Touch ID component had been tampered with. Keep in mind that I took it out of the box and put it in the new box to ship back. This time Apple said it is going to cost $749.00 + tax to repair. This phone is 4 months old, has no scratches, has never been wet and Apple has already diagnosed two different problems to get out of warranty.

this simple shows what apples support is worth and that apple has NO warranty.

Warranty not honored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.